Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day of Remebrance

Today was the day the Purple Principal was laid to rest, and I was there in the front row, right next to Captain Stupendous and Grasshopper, at the request of SAS. Apparently, the Purple Principal was a school principal by vocation and took a keen personal interest in all of us younger superheroes. According to Captain Stupendous (who personally invited both Grasshopper and me), Grasshopper and I were among the new wave of heroes that the Principal took a liking to, and SAS thought it would be appropriate to give young heroes the most prominent seats, since the Principal always sought to inspire kids and teens to make the best of themselves.

It was a nice ceremony--well, as nice as funerals go--and I got to meet a number of heroes, including Dr. Electric (with whom I only spoke briefly via communicator during my SAS interview--see Issue #2). He was there with fellow Fab Fiver, Polygraph--the other three members of the Fabulous Five were out of the country lending humanitarian aid to the worsening situation in Darmar.

Over 2,000 civilians (many of them students) were also among those assembled, and after the ceremony, many of the heroes, including myself, hung out and mingled with them--and I even gave out my first autographs!

Security was very tight, and there were heroes on almost every rooftop, hundreds of police, and constant surveillance from the SAS space station. Thankfully, there was no violence, and no sign of Thermo (the villain who murdered the Principal). Everyone tried to keep the occasion celebratory to honor the Principal's upbeat and positive attitude, but I know the promise of Thermo's "Hero Holocaust" hung over everyone's head. Almost every hero I spoke with kept an eye to the sky and was ready to jump into action at the merest hint of danger.

Well, I have an exam to study for, so I gotta get going. Talk to you soon, Dear Reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment